ENR Mountain States is nearly complete with our research on the largest new projects started in our five-state region last year. We have been seeking projects that broke ground (meaning that real construction got under way on them, not just turning dirt with the ceremonial shovels) between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
The projects are located in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho or Montana, and represent any type of construction, from pipelines, heavy-highway and infrastructure work to new building projects and renovations. The final list will appear in ranked order by dollar volume in the April issue of the magazine and here on our website.
So far, the 2015 list of top starts is an impressive mix of energy and infrastructure jobs, health care, commercial, educational facilities, hotels and resorts, stadiums and mixed-use residential.
If you have a big project that broke ground last year and think it should be part of our list, please e-mail me the details (project name, location, dollar amount, date started, owner and scheduled completion) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 303-526-0620. I may still be able to add it to the list up until the first week of April.
Here, in random order (not ranked), are many of the biggest new projects that got under way in 2015. There may be more to come, as we hear from you, our readers, so stay tuned. This is not the final list, and, again, these are grouped in random order (not as a ranking).
- Hale Centre Theatre
- CO 9 Wildlife Safety Improvement Project
- Logan High School Reinvention
- Traverse Mountain Office Building Phase 2
- Vista Station Buildings 4 & 6
- 28th & Canyon Redevelopment
- Nampa Replacement Hospital - Phase II
- Dairy Block
- I-25 The New Pueblo Freeway
- Colorado Center Tower III
- Towne Ridge Office
- University of Utah Farmington Health Center
- Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
- Utah Valley Hospital Replacement & Expansion
- Colorado State University Health and Medical Center
- University of Wyoming High Bay Research Facility
- Aspen Valley Hospital Phase 3
- The East Village
- Colorado State University Biology Building
- LoHi Apartments
- Sterling Ranch Infrastructure
- SkyHouse Denver
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs Ent Center for the Arts
- University of Colorado Boulder – Village Center Dining and Community Commons
- Colorado State University On-Campus Stadium
- Interstate 25/Cimarron Street (U.S. 24) Interchange
- Midvale Middle School
- HCA Swedish Medical Center Neuro Expansion & Renovation
- CHG Healthcare Office Building
- Millennium Building Renovation
- 1776 Curtis Street
- 9th & Colorado Mixed-Use Redevelopment
- Block A/Born Hotel and Office Tower
- Pearl Place Office Development
Stay tuned as we hear from readers and do further research to expand this list into a final ranking.