ENR Mountain States is pleased to announce the winners of our annual Top 20 Under 40 competition, which recognizes up-and-coming industry leaders from across the Mountain States and Plains region.
The competition has found a big audience in its seven-year history. This year’s contest, which was conducted on a national basis via a series of regional contests, attracted dozens of qualified nominees in our nine-state region alone (Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Idaho and Montana). Across the country, approximately 800 future leaders were nominated, all of them judged by an independent jury of industry leaders on their career experience, industry leadership, community service and other factors.
Here, in alphabetical order, are the 2014 winners and their firms. Their profiles will be printed in the February 24 issue of ENR Mountain States.
- Adam Ambro, Architect, Gensler, Denver
- Spencer Allen, Project Manager, Layton Construction, Sandy, Utah
- Michael Arens, Assistant Vice President, Michael Baker Jr., Inc., Midvale Utah
- Luke Cope, Controller, Western States Fire Protection, Centennial, Colo.
- David Grandy, Director of Innovation, HDR Architecture, Omaha, Neb.
- Stephanie Guin, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Faith Technologies Inc., Lenexa, Kan.
- Kimball Hales, Managing Director, Hufft Projects, Kansas City, Mo.
- Bryce Hall, Project Manager, Kephart, Denver
- Matthew Hallowell, Assistant Professor of Construction Engineering and Management, Univ. of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, Colo.
- Kelli Kelly, Diversity and Outreach Manager, Parsons Corp., Denver
- Melissa Mabe-Sabanosh, Director of Design, Ruggles Mabe Terrell Architecture, Denver
- Joe Meuleman, Attorney, Meuleman Mollerup LLP, Boise
- Cory Moore, Sr. Vice President, Big-D Construction Corp., Salt Lake City
- Sean Mulholland, Construction Manager, Penrose/St. Francis Health Services, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Alicia Pandimos Maurer, Architect, CRB, Broomfield, Colo.
- Todd Ruff, Director of Preconstruction Services, GH Phipps Construction Cos., Greenwood Village, Colo.
- Nate Soule, Associate, Brierley Associates, Denver
- M. Scott Stanford, Assistant Professor, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Shoots Veis, Senior Project Engineer, Interstate Engineering, Billings Mont.
- Brooks Williams, Project Manager, Heating & Plumbing Engineers Inc., Colorado Springs, Colo.