Judging is complete on ENR Mountain States’ 2012 Top 20 Under 40 competition, featuring a new group of the region’s most talented and community-minded young professionals under the age of 40. As in the past, the current winners were judged based on their professional achievements, contributions to the community, their education, professional affiliations and industry involvement.
This year’s competition was one of the toughest to date, with 42 entries from the mountain states judged by a panel of seven judges from across the region.
“This was really difficult, picking only 20 winners from such a talented group,” said one Colorado judge. “Their talents and hard work are simply amazing.”
Profiles of this year’s winners will appear in the Feb. 27 issue of ENR Mountain States magazine.
This year’s winners are (in no particular order):
- David Cox, VCBO Architecture, Salt Lake City;
- Shannon Rogers, GE Johnson Construction, Denver;
- Brian Witte and Dennis Coventon, Flatiron, Firestone, Colo.;
- John Herrera, Adolfson & Peterson, Aurora, Colo.:
- Matt Hirst, Caldwell Richards Sorensen, Salt Lake City;
- Brandon Daigle, MOA Architecture, Casper, Wyo.;
- Dana Kose, The Weidt Group, Denver;
- Lee Harrison, Axiom PLLC, Nampa, Idaho;
- Jered Minter, Bennett Wagner & Grody, Architects, Denver;
- Amy Javernick-Will, CU Boulder, Construction Management Dept., Boulder, Colo.;
- Jennifer McDaniel, Kenney Architects, Denver;
- Robin Ault, Fentress Architects, Denver;
- Penn Owens, Interior Construction Specialists, Salt Lake City;
- Nate Lowery and Kurt Seeman, Hensel Phelps Construction, Greeley, Colo.;
- Kate Bechtholdt, Douglass Colony Group, Commerce City, Colo.;
- Todd Houghton, Westland Construction, St. George, Utah;
- Kelly Fearney, Russell Planning & Engineering, Durango, Colo.;
- Ryan Smith, Innovation Technology & Architecture Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City.