ENR Southeast is pleased to announce its sixth annual Top 20 Under 40 class. Each year, ENR’s Regional Publications invite people to nominate deserving, up-and-coming leaders working in the construction and design industries. Contestants—eligible if working anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands—are then judged by three main criteria: industry experience and education; career and industry leadership; and community service and involvement.
For this most recent competition, ENR Southeast received 45 entries, which were all reviewed by a group of independent judges. Michael Bernos, director of public relations with RS&H, Jacksonville, Fla., repeated as a Top 20 Under 40 judge. Also participating were two Top 20 Under 40 honorees from a year ago: Katie Duty, water resources market leader with HDR Engineering, Tampa; and Jason Rodda, vice president of Rodda Construction, Lakeland, Fla.
ENR Southeast will profile each member of this year's class in the upcoming January 2016 print edition. For now, here is an alphabetical list of the latest Top 20 Under 40 class. Congratulations to all!
- Nelmarie Bowe, project manager, Skanska USA Building Inc., Dania Beach, Fla.
- Eric Chavez, project manager, PCL Civil Constructors, Inc., Raleigh, N.C.
- Martine Fils-Aime, transportation engineer, Atkins, Tampa
- Brian Forster, project director, national lead for hospitality and entertainment, Atkins, Orlando
- Katherine McLeod Gurd, project manager, AECOM, Atlanta
- Jason Heffelmire, regional operations director, TLC Engineering for Architecture, Inc., Tampa
- William (Bill) Marshall, manager, AECOM, Orlando
- Karyn Matthews, senior transportation engineer, Arcadis U.S., Atlanta
- Ali Mostafavi, assistant professor, Florida International University, Miami
- Jackie Mustakas, sustainability manager, Robins & Morton, Orlando
- Jake Nellis, vice president/office leader, JE Dunn Construction, Clearwater, Fla.
- Vic O'Janpa, chief estimator, Brasfield & Gorrie, Raleigh, N.C.
- Brett Porak, chief estimator, Moss & Associates, Fort Lauderdale
- Brooke A. Robbins, senior associate/project architect/project manager, KBJ Architects, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Thomas E. Roda, technical director, Atkins, Tampa
- Bryan Royal, ESD division manager, The Harper Corp., Greenville, S.C.
- Tim Sandberg, senior project manager, Primus Builders, Woodstock, Ga.
- Paul Sullivan, operations manager, vice president, Gilbane Building Co., Durham, N.C.
- Travis Serpas, project executive, Moss & Associates, Fort Lauderdale
- Jeremy Voss, senior project manager, PCL Construction Services, Orlando