As regular readers of ENR Southeast are aware, each year we publish a series of rankings that, together, help to provide insights about the status of the regional construction industry. The first ranking we publish each year is our Top Starts ranking, which lists the largest Southeast projects that started construction during the preceding calendar year.
One project likely to be included as part of this year's Top Starts ranking is the $400-million renovation of Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla. (Image courtesy Rossetti)
And while we are researching this topic through a variety of sources—including, among others, McGraw Hill Construction's Dodge network and our own reporting—we know there's one more source that is key to producing the most complete and comprehensive Top Starts ranking possible. And that's you.
More precisely, ENR Southeast is looking for projects with three specific criteria: 1) started construction during 2013; 2) located within Florida, Georgia, North Carolina or South Carolina.; and 3) have a minimum project cost of roughly $100 million. (Based on historical data, this is the minimum value expected for this top-25 ranking.)
If your firm started construction of a project that fits those basic criteria, then we want to hear about it. To help you help us, below I'm including a "form" that you can use to provide the information we'll need for this year's Top Starts ranking. Just fill out the requested set of details, and email the information to my attention, at Scott.Judy@mhfi.com.
Name of Project [exactly as it should appear in print]
Project location [City, State ]
Total Project Cost
Brief Project Description
Owner/Developer + Office Location [City, State]
Contractor + Office Location [City, State]
Architect/Engineer + Office Location [City, State]
Finally, we'll be previewing the Top Starts ranking here, with an alphabetical list of projects that have been confirmed and are considered likely to be included on the final ranking. Additionally, publication within this blog post is not a guarantee of inclusion on the final print ranking, to be published March 10.
Editor's Note: We are continuing to update the list below as we confirm additional projects for the list. Most recent update, 2/3/2014.
- Baxter Plasma Fractionation Facility, Covington, Ga.
- C.W. "Bill" Young Regional Reservoir Repairs, Lithia, Fla.
- Choctawhatchee Bay Bridge, Walton County, Fla.
- Daytona Rising, Daytona Int'l Speedway Renovation, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Emory Proton Therapy Center and Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta
- Ethicon Manufacturing Facility, Athens, Ga.
- Faena District Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Fla.
- Florida Hospital Orlando Women's Pavilion, Orlando
- Homestead Extension of Florida's Turnpike, Widening Project, Miami-Dade County, Fla.
- Jade Signature Residential Tower, Sunny Isles Beach, Fla.
- LakePoint Sporting Community, Emerson, Ga.
- Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, Hollywood, Fla.
- Met III, Miami
- Miami Harbor Deepening and Widening, Miami
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center-Braselton, Braselton, Ga.
- The Orlando Eye, Orlando
- Porsche Design Residences, Sunny Isles Beach, Fla.
- Wekiva Parkway, Orange, Lake and Seminole counties, Fla.
- Weston Lakefront, Cary, N.C.
- Wilmington Bypass, Wilmington, N.C.