The ENR regional editors have selected Martin-Harris Construction as the 2020 Contractor of the Year in the Southwest region.
Martin-Harris operates throughout the southwestern U.S. (Nevada, Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas) in a wide variety of market sectors, providing design-build, CMAR, design-assist and design-bid-build services. The firm’s market-sector expertise includes health care, industrial, office, education, multifamily, special use, hospitality, public works and retail projects.
As a nod to its successful push for workforce diversity, more than 40% of Martin-Harris Construction’s workforce is part of the millennial generation. The firm also has partnered in the creation of a STEM 101 curriculum for industry training and education, and expanded the educational reach of that to include the city of Las Vegas’ Dept. of Youth Development and Social Innovation.
Some of the firm’s recent, notable projects include:
- Las Vegas Convention Center Phase II Expansion & Phase III Renovation, with Turner JV, $2.1B, $810M Incremental Economic Impact; $2.1B in construction.
- Adobe at Red Rock, Las Vegas, $42M. A four-story, 308-unit apartment building.
- Sephora, North Las Vegas, $37M. A 713,366-sq-ft, tilt-up industrial building.
- The Degree, UNLV University Park Student Housing, Las Vegas, $26M. A five-story, wood-framed student housing complex consisting of 226 units.
- North Las Vegas PACCAR Parts Distribution Center, North Las Vegas, $23M. A 283,000-sq-ft warehouse and office.
- City of Las Vegas New Municipal Courthouse, Las Vegas, $56.3M. A 140,000-sq-ft municipal courthouse downtown.
Martin-Harris has compiled an extensive list of community volunteer endeavors, as well as strong industry involvement in all of the areas it serves.
A feature-length profile of the firm will appear in the June issue of ENR Southwest.