Every year, ENR Texas & Louisiana publishes the Top Project Starts from the previous year, ranked by construction cost, across the five-state region of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.
Below, you’ll find a preliminary list of some of the projects (in alphabetical order) that may be included on our final ranking of the largest project starts. The full, ranked list will be published in the April 6 issue.
The list below is not final and is subject to change as additional information becomes available before publication.
Did we miss a project that you know about or your firm is involved in? Please let us know via email. We’re still looking for projects valued over $100 million that began construction during calendar year 2019 across the region.
Also, keep in mind that since this ranking will be ordered according to construction costs, projects where costs are confidential will not be included.
Be sure to check back in April to see the final ranking!
Here are the top 25 projects to date, listed below in alphabetical order:
- The Allen Thompson Hotel and Residences, Houston, Texas
- American Airlines Hospitality Center, Fort Worth, Texas
- Austin Apple Corporate Campus #2, Austin, Texas
- AW Texas Transmission Manufacturing Plant, Cibolo, Texas
- Calcasieu Pass Cameron LNG Export Facility, Cameron, La.
- Choctaw Casino & Resort Hotel Expansion (Design/Build), Durant, Okla.
- Cotton Belt "Silver Line" Rail Corridor, Dallas, Texas
- Exxon Mobil Chemicals Plant, Baytown, Texas
- Exxon Polypropylene Production Unit, Baton Rouge, La.
- Golden Pass Liquefied Natural Gas Facility, Sabine Pass, Texas
- Google Data Center, Midlothian, Texas
- Gulf Coast Growth Ventures project (Petrochemical Ethylene Plant: chemical facility and 1.8 million metric ton ethane steam cracker), Gregory, Texas
- Heart of Texas - 180MW Wind Farm, Melvin, Texas
- Holstein Solar Project, Wingate, Texas
- I-10 Improvement and Reconstruction Project, Austin County, Texas
- I-35 Waco Project 4B, Waco, Texas
- Keurig Dr Pepper Frisco Headquarters, Frisco, Texas
- Maverick Creek Wind Project, Concho County, Texas
- Midship Natural Gas Pipeline, Kingfisher, Okla., to Bryan County, Okla., Okla.
- Montgomery County Power Station, Willis, Texas
- Moody Center Basketball Arena PPP, Austin, Texas
- Prospero Solar Facility 379 MW, Andrews, Texas
- SH 146 from Red Bluff Road to North of SH 96, Pasadena, Texas
- US 69/75 Commerce Connection in Bryan County, Calera, Okla.
- Women's & Children's Tower & Parking Garage, San Antonio, Texas