In the April 14 print edition, ENR Texas & Louisiana will list the top 25 largest projects by total value that broke ground across the region in 2013.
More than $15 billion in work is included in this year's top starts list, with work spanning across Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma. That’s a full billion dollars more in projects in the region compared to last year.
The 25 project starts are listed alphabetically below, along with each project’s location and owner/developer. Look for more details on each project in our April issue.
Please keep in mind that the following list is preliminary, and is subject to change as additional information becomes available prior to publication of the ranking. Also, because this ranking has been ordered according to total project value, those projects that were unable or unwilling to disclose their total project value have not been included.
Have we missed a project valued over $200 million that began construction in 2013? Please let us know. Drop me an email at email@example.com.
- Alamo 1 Solar Farm and Manufacturing Facility – San Antonio, Texas – OCI Solar Power
- Ammonia Production Facility – Westwego, La. – Dyno Nobel
- Benteler Hot Rolling Steel Tubular Mill – Shreveport, La. – Benteler Automotive Corp.
- BridgeTex Pipeline – Colorado City, Texas – Magellan Midstream Partners
- Choctaw Casino/Resort Expansion – Durant, Okla. – Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
- City Line (State Farm Dallas HUB Project) – Richardson, Texas – KDC
- Cline Shale Pipeline – Barnhart, Texas – Centurion Pipeline L.P.
- Dallas Horseshoe Project (Design/Build) – Dallas, Texas – Texas Dept. of Transportation
- Dow Chemical High Performance Polyethylene Plant – Plaquemine, La. – Dow Chemical Louisiana Operations
- Dow Chemical Next Generation Synthetic Rubber Plant – Plaquemine, La. – Dow Chemical Louisiana Operations
- ExxonMobil Plant Expansion & Modernization – Baton Rouge, La. – ExxonMobil
- Fort Bliss Replacement Hospital – El Paso, Texas – US Army Corps of Engineers
- Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center Expansion – San Antonio, Texas – City of San Antonio
- IH-35E Managed Lanes – Dallas, Texas – Texas Dept. of Transportation
- Keystone Gulf Coast Expansion – Cushing, Okla. - Nederland, Texas – TransCanada Limited
- Kyle Field Stadium – College Station, Texas – Texas A&M University System
- Leucadia Gasification Plant – Lake Charles, La. – Leucadia National Corp.
- Longhorn North Wind Farm – Silverton, Texas – EDF Renewable Energy
- Methanex Methanol Plant – Geismar, La – Methanex Corporation
- ONEOK Hydrocarbon LP NGL Fractionation Project – Mont Belvieu, Texas – ONEOK Hydrocarbon LP
- Origin Wind Farm – Murray County and Carter County, Okla. – Enel Green Power
- Panhandle 2 Wind Farm – Carson County, Texas – Pattern Energy Group
- Permanent Canal Closures and Pumps – New Orleans, La. – US Army Corps of Engineers
- River Spirit Casino Resort Expansion – Tulsa, Okla. – Muscogee Creek Nation
- SH 99 Grand Parkway Expansion – Houston, Texas – Texas Dept. of Transportation