The industry’s emerging leaders highlight ENR Texas & Louisiana’s Top 20 Under 40 list. This year’s competition drew entries from a broad range of disciplines and revealed a talented young generation of design and construction professionals.
An independent panel of judges selected this year’s winner’s, who will appear in the Feb. 20, 2012, edition of ENR Texas & Louisiana. This year’s judges included: Katie Harris, marketing manager, RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture + Graphic Design, Austin; Christine Hollinden, principal, Hollinden, Houston; William Richardson, senior associate, Urban Design Group, Dallas; and Dr. Albert C. Petrasek, Jr., vice president, HDR Engineering, Dallas.
Judges focused on criteria such as community service; industry involvement; contributions to creating landmark regional projects; and achievement of/or progress toward industry certifications. Candidates had to be under 40 years of age by the publication date of Feb. 20, 2012, and based in an office or location within Texas or Louisiana.
The Top 20 Under 40, who will be featured in the Feb. 20, 2012, edition, include:
- Richard Arvizu, Binkley & Barfield
- Jennifer Berthiaume, ARCADIS
- Jerry Crawford, Turner Construction
- Mike Donovan, HTS Texas
- Leah Fitzgerald, MW Builders
- Matthew Frey, CF Jordan Construction
- Thomas Gessner, Gessner Engineering
- Anthony Gonzales, Spire Consulting Group
- Richard Harris, McInnis Brothers Construction
- Matt Hoglund, Hardin Construction Company
- Alan Hutson, Freese and Nichols
- Andrew L. Mellen, Jr., West Company of Midland
- Ryan Myers, F. H. Myers Construction
- Yen Ong, 5G Studio Collaborative
- Wayne Pontiff, Durr Heavy Construction
- Brian Richard, Kirksey Architecture
- Cory Stull, AECOM
- Dana Stumpf, Durr Heavy Construction
- Jill Ibison Vessels, Corgan
- Richard Watters, Baird, Hampton & Brown