The Legacy Award is an annual award given by ENR editors to an individual (or individuals) in their regions who have achieved a lifetime “legacy” of service to the construction and design industry, to their specific profession and to the communities in which they live.
Eligibility: Individuals can be nominated by industry colleagues, themselves or ENR editors. Age, working status (still working in the industry or retired), and professional roles/titles are not major factors in the nominations.
Selection Criteria and Submission Requirements: Individuals must demonstrate significant contributions to the industry as a whole and to their professions, as follows.
- Nominations should include full business curriculum vitae, with career highlights, including innovations and key projects or initiatives they have worked on or managed.
- Nominations should include a letter of reference from the individual’s nominator or colleague(s) familiar with key elements of his/her career.
- Nominations should include list of publications, white papers, articles, news stories written about (or authored by) the individual relevant to his/her career. Photos of work are encouraged as well. Mug shots required.
- Nominations should also include a summary of the individual’s key activities outside the industry: community service, mentoring, teaching, political or government offices held, etc.
- Nominations may be kept confidential (if requested by the nominator) from the candidate until the process has reached the finalists’ stage.
As always, contact me should you have any questions!