There's still time to get your project valued at over $100 million into ENR Midwest's Top Starts list in our March issue. Any project in the region — from Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio or Wisconsin — that meets the minimum value threshold and started in 2019 is eligible.
What are Top Starts? We're glad you asked.
We use Dodge Data & Analytics' database of all construction starts from 2019 and other information to determine the biggest projects from the 11-state region. The final list will be published in the March 24 edition of ENR Midwest.
If you would like your projects listed, just e-mail me. Make sure to include the name of your project as you'd like to see it in print, its location [city or county and state], the total cost, the construction cost, its start date, the expected completion date, a brief description of it, the name of the owner or developer, the general contractor or construction manager and any of the design firms you'd like see listed.
Here's a small sample of the preliminary list in alphabetical order. Notice that renewable energy investments, data centers, manufacturing facilities and high-rise residential projects in Chicago have been joined this year by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers disaster recovery and new construction projects as well as major transportation infrastructure projects in both airports and transit.
- Amazon Prime Air Hub CVG Airport Southern Portion; Hebron, Ky.
- Amazon Prime Air Hub CVG Airport Northern Portion; Hebron, Ky.
- Chicago Transit Authority Red/Purple Line Modernization Phase 1, Chicago
- DTE Energy St. Clair County Blue Water Natural Gas Power Plant; St. Clair, Mich.
- Fiat Chrysler Assembly Mack Avenue Engine Complex, Detroit
- Foxconn Gen 6 LCD Screen Fabrication Facility; Mt. Pleasant, Wis.
- 1.2-GW Natural Gas-Fired Combined Cycle Facility; Elwood, Ill.
- Kansas City International Airport Terminal PPP, Kansas City
- Metro Green Line Southwest LRT; Minnetonka, Minn.
- Microsoft Project Alluvion Regional Data Center Bldgs. 7 and 8; West Des Moines, Iowa
- National Geospatial Agency Headquarters (NGA West), St. Louis
- One Chicago Square Apt. Towers, Chicago
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Rapid Disaster Infrastructure MATOC; Omaha, Neb.
- Wind XII Power/Wind Turbines; Ida County, Iowa
- Whispering Willow Wind Farm West Phase (Expansion); Franklin County, Iowa