Efficiently manage large volumes of complex requirements for the Energy & Utilities industry using Siemens Digital Lifecycle Excellence
We live in a highly demanding environment, where every second is worth more than ever before. Our society is growing in constantly changing ways where energy is transforming everything at an incredible pace. Both people and enterprises are working through challenges that are both uniquely complex and, at the same time, interconnected.
In a globalized world like ours, where data volumes increase exponentially, vast amounts of information accumulate in an impressive and uncontrolled rhythm, creating serious efficiency issues that can lower or erase returns on E&U capital projects.
Improve efficiency and control
- Ensure each requirement is completed
- Keep the project scope and schedule in line
- Verify that every aspect meets the standards
- Achieve a higher level of awareness of each deliverable's status
Other trends are challenging the industry, too, such as increased price volatility, unforeseen and uncontrolled “black-swan” events, and rising global competition as businesses fight for survival. Furthermore, a company’s strategy and performance in terms of sustainability, i.e., the impact of environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”), is having an increasing effect on every E&U business’s financial performance, creating even more complexity. Process improvement technology that optimizes workflows and eliminates waste can help dramatically if properly applied.
The detailed processes that support immense volumes of contract deliverables, project specifications, plus regulatory and operational requirements need to be optimized, but this requires the right combination of technology and experience. Energy businesses are seeking to reduce document-driven processes and replace them with high-performance digital workflows, but often don’t know where to begin. An Integrated Requirements Management approach is an excellent place to start as the time to value is swift. It’s also a significant first step towards applying a Digital Lifecycle Excellence mindset across the enterprise.
Let's get started. Be integrated!
Turn complexity into a competitive advantage
We are pleased to introduce Siemens DLE, which includes an Integrated Requirements Management solution that helps your business improve execution. It does this by breaking down projects, specs, and contracts into unique requirements at a very granular level and tracking them individually to ensure they are completed as intended. It's like having an intelligent assistant who can unpack a big project document into single digital tasks and yet orchestrate all of them within the context of the master project. It may seem impossible, but it's not!
With Digital Lifecycle Excellence you can:
- Remove friction from your processes
- Build stakeholder confidence
- Adapt to volatility
- Reduce risks to project cost, scope and schedule
Centralized collaboration platform improves access for stakeholders
Benefit from a centralized, enterprise collaboration platform that connects all stakeholders using auditable and re-usable requirements management processes while staying within a single, connected environment that is cloud-ready.
Make teams more efficient than ever before
Provide your workforce with immediate access to complete, correct, and consistent information with a well-orchestrated level of traceability that is applicable to any data or document type.
Process improvement in the palm of your hand
Record all information representing the complete delivery of every critical requirement using a fully integrated digital lifecycle platform, then re-use best practices on future projects for continuous improvement.
Enhance project team awareness by improving control over each part of the project using closed-loop processes and real-time status reporting.
Accelerate time to value with a rapid start approach to:
- Quickly collect and author project requirements and bid specifications for data-driven project component management.
- Employ change management and potential impact analysis as vital functions of the requirements management process.
- Flexible, customizable workflows map efficiently to existing processes.
- Engage external stakeholders with a round-trip tracking capability, enabling seamless synchronization of all changes.
- Create visually intuitive and interactive dashboards to track project status and dependencies accurately.
- Enable re-use of requirements gathered in past projects and processes to enable faster, higher-quality responses.