The Phipps is an office building on the Museum Reach of the San Antonio Riverwalk. Attorney Martin J. Phipps approached design firm Durand-Hollis Rupe Inc. to create a workplace that would break the stereotype of the mahogany-walled lawyer's office.
The Southern Hotel originally opened in 1907 and shut down in the 1960s. Together with the building's new owners, Woodward Design+Build and Trapolin-Peer Architects partnered on an ambitious restoration and renovation project to restore the building to its original use.
In 1972, Rubicon LLC completed construction of its MDI-1 Unit with the latest technologically advanced control system available at that time. The system controlled all of the facility's major chemical processes.
The LPV-9.2 project constructed a continuous line of hurricane flood protections across reinforced and extended discharge basins at Jefferson Parish Pumping Stations No. 1 through 4, plus modifications to two existing breakwaters at Stations No. 2 and 3.