The long awaited Comprehensive Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule becomes effective May 30, 2017. Many states that are authorized are in the process of adopting these rules. Is your facility prepared to comply with these changes that will affect every generator classification?
These changes are a result of EPA’s experience in evaluating and implementing the hazardous waste generator program for nearly 36 years, and are a response to the issues and concerns raised by the states and regulated community.
The new rule will affect more than 670,000 industrial entities and will require generators to comply with a variety of new regulatory responsibilities and procedures. All affected generators are responsible for determining what waste is hazardous, and to properly manage and document the full cycle of the waste until it is disposed of or recycled. It is critical to know where you stand as the rule is effective soon. Join us July 19, 2017 for a webinar that will guide you through the new rule and provide strategies for compliance.
- Where the new regulations will be found in the CFR.
- What are some of the gaps in the regulations that are addressed in this rule
- Understand where there is greater compliance flexibility, and where there are more stringent requirements.
- Discussion of the bigger changes in the rule.
- Strategies for helping you to determine where you stand.