Three workers died June 29 in New York City after being overcome by hydrogen sulfide fumes at a private waste transfer plant. The men died while trying to escape an 18-ft-deep hole filled with three feet of water at Regal Recycling Plant Co., a private water transfer plant on Douglas Avenue in Jamaica, Queens. The three workers at the scene included father and son, Shlomo Dahan, 49, and Harel Dahan, 23, from S. Dahan Sewer Specialists in South Ozone Park as well as Rene Francisco Rivas, 52, a Regal maintenance worker who tried to rescue the pair. Officials said that
The market is generally healthy and steadily growing, and margins are up for large specialty contractors. Further, advances in design tools and owner demand for collaboration are giving subcontractors a seat at the table early on in projects.